Visitor visa authorizing travel to the U.S. for personal pleasure or medication treatment.


  • Applicants may be eligible for a B-2 visa if coming to the United States for:
  • Tourism
  • Vacation (holiday)
  • Visit with friends or relatives
  • Medical treatment
  • Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
  • Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
  • Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)
  • Applicants may be admitted on a B-2 visa for a maximum period of 180 days and are not authorized to work in the United States.


  • If filing abroad through the U.S. Department of State, processing times will vary depending on appointment availability at the nearest U.S. embassy.
  • Average processing times for an application filed inside the United States as an extension of status or change of status with USCIS is currently 8-12 months. Premium processing is not available.

Need help?

Want help with

B-2 Visa

or another immigration matter? Get connected to a member of our team.