For individuals who are outstanding professors and researchers. PERM is not required.
- Must show that you are recognized internationally as outstanding in an academic area.
- Must have three (3) years’ experience in either teaching or research.
- Must be seeking entry for:
- Tenure or tenure track teaching position with institution of higher education;
- Research role at institution of higher education; or
- Research role with private employer if it employs at least three (3) full-time researchers and the research division has achieved documented accomplishments in the field.
Must include proof of at least two (2) of the following:
- Major prize or award for outstanding achievement
- Membership in association requiring outstanding achievement
- Published material about your work
- Participation as a judge of others’ work
- Original scientific research
- Author of scholarly articles or books
- Any other comparable evidence.
- On average this takes 4-6 weeks to put together and file with USCIS. Regular processing time is 10-15 months. Premium Processing is available which reduces processing time to 15 days. Requests for Evidence are common.
- Following the approval of the immigrant visa petition with USCIS, the processing of applicant’s and their immediate family’s individual applications for permanent residence with USCIS or immigrant visas abroad generally take several additional months.