For exchange visitors who intend to participate in an approved training program.
For exchange visitors who intend to participate in an approved program for the purpose of:
- Teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills, receiving training, or to receive graduate medical education or training.
- The programs are designed to promote the interchange of persons, knowledge, and skills in the fields of education, arts, and science.
- Example visitors include trainees and interns.
Exchange visitor categories include:
- Au Pairs and EduCare
- Camp Counselors
- Government Visitors
- Visitors (Dept. of State)
- Professors and Research Scholars
- Short-term Scholars
- Students, college/university
- Student, secondary
- Summer Work Travel
- Processing times will vary depending on appointment availability at the nearest U.S. embassy.