An extraordinarily individuals visa for people talented in science, the arts, business or athletics that have a job offer.
O-1A -Must meet at least three of the following eight criteria:
- Must meet at leastthree of the following eight criteria:
- Internationally recognized prizes or awards
- Membership in associations in the field that require outstanding achievements
- Authorship of scholarly articles in the field
- Published material in professional or major trade publications
- Participation on a panel as the judge of the work of others in the field
- Original scientific or scholarly contributions of major significance to the field
- Employment in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation
O-1B – Must have a nomination for or receipt of a major award such as Academy Award, Emmy, Grammy or Director’s Guild Award, OR at least three of the following six criteria:
- Performance as a lead or starring participant in productions or events of distinguished reputation
- National or international recognition for achievements evidenced by critical reviews or other published materials;
- Performance in a lead, starring, or critical role for organizations with distinguished reputation;
- Record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes
- Significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts
- Higher salary in comparison to peers.
- Average USCIS processing time: 2-4 months; 2 weeks when filed with Premium Processing and if there is no Request for Evidence (it may take several weeks to gather all evidence prior to filing)
- O-1As are filed for 3 years extendable in 1 or 3 year-increments. No maximum time limit.